Sick Tuesday

We sent two students home with what seemed to be the flu today.  One girl said, "Ms. Rich, I throwed up four times."  "It's 'threw up,'" I said and caught myself.  "That's not important right now, let's get you out of here!"

Today was also my first formal observation by my University Supervisor.  My supervisor is the Assistant Superintendent and I'm honored to have a woman in such a prominent position critiquing my teaching.  She watched as I taught Reading Mastery and the students did a great job despite one repeatedly falling asleep!  When she woke up she told me she didn't have her morning coffee.  So THAT explains it!  Oy vey!

The students were invited to participate in a school wide "Graduation Matters" assembly, a precursor to the district wide "Graduation Matters" assembly that will take place on Thursday.  Thursday's celebration will be the largest assembly in District #9's history as students from the entire district will be bussed up to the high school and parents and community members are encouraged to attend as well.

The students gathered to practice their cheers.  When prompted: "What Matters?"  The students yelled "Graduation Matters!"  Our second graders learned they would be the class of 2023 - their chant: "Twenty-three, Twenty-three.  Fight, fight, fight for 23!"  The second graders competed against the third graders for who could be the loudest.  The MC claimed the third graders won but I think they always give it to the oldest students in the school...

In Cut Bank news, I found the penguin claiming that Cut Bank is the coldest spot in the nation.  Lies.  Google it.  Cut Bank did not even make the top 10!  But the penguin is certainly adorable.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Shanghai

For Ms. Mahoney & 5M at Hawthorne Elementary in Missoula, Montana

Morocco 2023: Marrakech & Essaouira