Tuesday – Day Two – CHECK!


Day two was a mixed bag – professionally awesome, personally, well, I hope I am reunited with my iPhone tomorrow.  I must have dropped it outside the school, oopsie. I miss my little robot.  It keeps me connected as I am so very far away.  

Back to the important stuff – SCHOOL!  Today was great, I observed another teacher, Mrs. Tailfeathers' Reading Class.  She is using the program “Wings” and the students in her group are considered at grade-level.  The kids were awesome, actively participating and Mrs. Tailfeathers provided a nice mix of activities that allowed the kids to learn in a variety of meaningful ways.  They acted out words which allowed for much needed movement, they worked with partners, and read as a whole class as well as independently. The kids were never bored. 

My cooperating teacher, Ms. Grant, went to Billings for a conference for the rest of the week and I am fortunate to work with Mrs. Bullshoe, an awesome substitute teacher.  She is great at disciplining the students (something I definitely need to work on!).  She taught math and the read-aloud and I taught language-arts at the end of the day.  It was my first time teaching and it went ok, minus kids not raising their hands when they want to talk.  The kids were participating and engaged although it’s hard to concentrate at the end of the day.

I was invited to another Reading Mastery meeting at the end of the day.  I am thankful for all of the teachers who are always extending invitations to me, allowing me to learn as much as I can and see what life as a teacher in Browning is really like. 

According to the “Find my Phone” App, my phone is either in or near the school.  I’m hoping we are reunited tomorrow.  Encouraging texts are welcome!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Shanghai

For Ms. Mahoney & 5M at Hawthorne Elementary in Missoula, Montana

Morocco 2023: Marrakech & Essaouira