Week one is done.


Week one is done and done. 
There was NOT a snow day but I’m happy to report that the commute was much better this morning than yesterday.  My roommate drove today and has 4-wheel drive and that helped when we arrived in Browning as the snow was piling up. 

Fridays are early-out: the students get out an hour early and wow, the day flew by.  I’m guessing it was because I taught the bulk of the day and was learning the Friday schedule that is slightly different than Monday through Thursday.  We had a substitute again and I was thankful she let me jump right in and practice teaching.  The curriculum is scripted and I need all the practice I can get. 

The highlight of the day was hands down walking out of school, no offense to the students but the snowstorm had ended, the clouds cleared and for the first time all week, the sky was blue and you could see the mountains. 

I am writing while on Amtrak headed over to Whitefish.  The train was on time in Cut Bank and for a few minutes we seemed to be chasing the sunset.  It’s dark now and I do look forward to the return trip on Sunday morning, through Glacier.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Shanghai

For Ms. Mahoney & 5M at Hawthorne Elementary in Missoula, Montana

Morocco 2023: Marrakech & Essaouira