Transition Time

I am in shock and awe that on Friday morning at 7:00 am our first flight will take off bound for Seattle, Washington.  We have about five hours in Seattle and I predict that will be the time for last ditch phone calls to loved ones and friends.  And then onward to a new continent.




It seems like so long ago that Professor Rhea Ashmore came into our Language Arts classroom and gave a presentation on student teaching in China.  After receiving the good news we were selected to go, the past year has been a blur of shots, paperwork, meetings, planning, obtaining Visas, and, of course, more paperwork.


I often travel alone and am delighted and honored to travel with Professor Rhea, Lizzy, Frances and Cedar.  Here is a link to the Missoulian Article spotlighting our experience.

Lizzy and I will also have a blog where we will share posting duties during our time in Guiyang.  You can find the link here:  Lizzy and Natalie in China.  This blog will also continue with similar posts.


Since my first eight weeks of student teaching were completed in Browning, I had only this week to get my ducks in a row.  I learned that I have A LOT of ducks and needed moral support.  This was the ideal week to have a personal assistant but instead of one, I had many.  My friends pulled through this week and helped me buy a suitcase, forced me to take coffee breaks, cooked me dinners (best tamales ever, Melissa!!!), accompanied me to Target and the Good Food Store (special thanks to Emily for helping me amass the BEST trail mix EVER), and even sent me text reminders checking to see if I had breakfast (thanks, Erinda!)

Thanks to everyone who stopped by the Kettlehouse to say good-bye and wish us well.  And, a special thanks to Katie Hanson who has paved the way for Lizzy and me as well as providing us with insight, advice and useful gifts to make our trip as seamless as possible.

Thank you, Missoula.  All in all, it was a proper send-off.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Shanghai

For Ms. Mahoney & 5M at Hawthorne Elementary in Missoula, Montana

Morocco 2023: Marrakech & Essaouira