Ghana Web Seminar

As I mentioned before, I was invited by another second grade teacher, Ms. Taylor, to participate in a Web Seminar between her class and a class in Ghana.  Mr. Tucker, our technology coordinator, was on hand to ensure everything went smoothly.  And it did.  As the call came through, a hush fell over Ms. Taylor's students.  Once we established contact, students timidly waved and said, "Hi!" It was a brand new experience for all of us and I watched with tears in my eyes as the students communicated each other.  It was an example of technology at its finest, connecting students in rural Montana to a small country in Africa.

I sat in with Ms. Taylor's class during the question and answer session that took place after the presentations and therefore did not take any video during that time.  Also, I apologize for the quality, some parts are a little fuzzy but I think the point still comes across.  Mr. Tucker also made a video and I will share it if I can.  

In case you need to brush up on your African geography:


And here's the video of the seminar:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Shanghai

For Ms. Mahoney & 5M at Hawthorne Elementary in Missoula, Montana

Morocco 2023: Marrakech & Essaouira