Meet Julianne, Tesori dal Lago's New Intern

You know when you're feeling like you need help but don't know where to start to even ask for it?  

I was at that point when, out of the blue, Jessica, Tesori dal Lago's first intern, reached out to tell me that her friend and JCU Marketing Major, Julianne, was looking for an internship.



Sometimes things just have a way of working out.  As Julianne and I have been working together the past few weeks, she's getting a feel for what it's like to run a growing business during the busiest time of year.  My full time teaching job is demanding to say the least so our work together focuses on efficiency and prioritizing.  She's finding the delicate balance of thoughtfully planning while meeting deadlines for school.

We've been working on strategies for holiday and she's graciously taking over social media, promotions, research, and show prep, allowing me the precious time needed to free my mind to create.  




Speaking of Holiday, here's where you can find Tesori dal Lago this season:



No photo description available.


made-in-the-mdwst-banner.jpg
The Cleveland Flea, Van Aken Market Hall



December 14th and 15th: Trunk Show, RampArts Gallery, 78th St. Studios
December 21st, Trunk Show, RampArts Gallery, 78th St. Studios

Looking forward to seeing you all this holiday season!

And now, meet Julianne:

Hello! My name is Julianne Kovacs and I am currently a senior marketing major at John Carroll University. At school, you will either find me in the library working on my school work or spending time with my friends. I also enjoy participating in John Carroll Labre from time to time. During this, students go out every Friday to help those experiencing homelessness by bringing them a hot meal and other essentials they may need. This has been one of my most memorable activities at JCU. 

John Carroll University

Through John Carroll, I also had the opportunity to study abroad in London for an entire semester in 2018! I was able to go on trips to destinations that included Paris, Amsterdam, and Rome, just to name a few. If I had to choose my favorite trip of them all, it would most likely be Scotland because of the natural beauty in the highlands (even though I didn’t catch a glimpse of Nessie when I went to Loch Ness). Although I enjoyed these memories so much, I was excited to head back to America.

Julianne in London 

Now that I’m back from across the pond, you can find me in my hometown of Ashtabula, Ohio some weekends enjoying time with family. One of my favorite spots at home is Harbor Perk which, in my opinion, offers the best cup of coffee in Northeast Ohio. And of course I couldn’t possibly forget about heading to the beach when the weather allows it to work on my collection of beach glass. I’m so excited to have this opportunity with Tesori dal Lago and make a difference for this small but mighty business!

Shared love of Lake Erie, an essential part of growing up in Ashtabula

As Julianne and I get to know each other, we're connected by our shared loves of travel, the Harbor Perk (the hub of Ashtabula), growing up in northeast Ohio, and of course, the lake. Julianne told me her goal after graduation is to start her own business. Looking forward to working with and learning from Julianne as she joins Tesori dal Lago just in time for the most adventurous season for small creative businesses!

See you on the beach

Thank you for reading.
Looking forward to catching up this holiday season,

Natalie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Shanghai

For Ms. Mahoney & 5M at Hawthorne Elementary in Missoula, Montana

Morocco 2023: Marrakech & Essaouira